SMC 2024 Awards Policy
All decisions regarding awards will be final. The SMC Secretariat reserves the right to amend, withhold or withdraw awards.
Grounds for disqualification from awards include, but are not limited to:
● Not meeting the participation requirement;
● Academic dishonesty (i.e. plagiarism);
● Inappropriate behaviour or harassment.
The awards will be as follows:
● Best Representative
● Outstanding Representative
● Honourable Mention
● Best Position Paper
Representatives need to demonstrate the following:
● Active and sensible contribution to discussions
● Ability to introduce new and feasible ideas
● Articulate and confident presentation of ideas
● Familiarity with Rules of Procedure
● Consensus-building and diplomacy
Position Paper Awards Criteria
Position papers need to demonstrate the following:
The list of awardees may be found here after the closing ceremony.